We, the participants meeting at the NGO Forum preceding the 41st Ordinary Session of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights between 12- 14 May 2007, state as follows:
We request the African Commission to do the following:
1. To recommend to the states to include economic social and cultural rights in their Constitutions,
2. Formulate effective policies and country strategies centred around implementation and realisation of the Millennium Development Goals which economic, social and cultural rights,
3. The use of natural resources towards the benefit of all. Income should be utilised for the disadvantaged states and persons within countries. There should be fair and equitable distribution of revenues accruing from natural resources and the constitutional provisions are made to ensure that mechanisms are put in place for accountability,
4. To put in place mechanisms for effective implementation of policies.
Furthermore, the Commission is requested to:
1. Develop guidelines for states parties to implement economic, social and cultural rights provisions of the Africa Charter.
Done in Accra, May 14th, 2007