The NGO Forum call on the African Commission to:
1. adopt the Thematic Recommendations presented by the NGO Forum at the 47th Ordinary Session which recommend specially.
2. To separate the working groups on Older Persons and Persons with Disabilities since there are considerable normative and fundamental differences between the two issues.
3. To develop a Disability Protocol that addresses the human rights of PWD must actively include the participation of persons with disabilities (PWD), their organizations and their partners.
4. Given the diversity of disability, broad consultations must take place and underrepresented groups must be facilitated and encouraged to participate in the Protocol drafting.
5. Too little information exists as to the status and rights of PWD disabilities in Africa; therefore to conduct research and data collection.
6. Make information accessible, in alternative formats, for example Braille and sign language etc. must be provided in order that persons with disabilities can meaningfully participate and be extensively included.
7. All Commissioners, Special Rapporteurs, focal points of the Commission working groups of the Commission mainstream disability rights in their areas of work.
Importantly we also call the NGO forum:
8. To facilitate a panel on the promotion and protection of disability rights at the 49th Ordinary Session of the NGO Forum.
Done at Banjul, November 9th, 2010