CALL FOR APPLICATIONS TRAINING ON ENGAGING WITH THE AFRICAN COMMISSION ON HUMAN AND PEOPLES RIGHTS
The African Centre for Democracy and Human Rights Studies and the International Service for Human Rights are organizing a training to equip human rights defenders with the knowledge and skills to integrate the African Commission on Human and Peoples Rights (“the ACHPR”) into their existing work at the national level in a strategic manner and provides an opportunity for participants to prepare for and engage in lobbying and advocacy activities at the ACHPR with the aim to effect change back home at the national level.
Are you a civil society actor, a representative from an African civil society organization or an international organization from East, South, Central, and North Africa? Then this training is for you.
Then this training is for you.
The objectives of the course fall into the following three broad categories:
Date & Venue
Course Content and Methodology
- an introduction to the African Human Rights System and Mechanisms;
- status of Human Rights and Democracy in Africa;
-the United Nations Human Rights System;
- networking, Advocacy and Lobbying Strategies, human rights monitoring and reporting; .
- ● Acquire knowledge and skills on the relevant regional and international human rights instruments and processes to enhance their engagemen;
- ● Learn more about the work of the ACHPR and how to engage strategically with its mechanisms;;
- ● Strengthen their practical knowledge in advocacy and lobbying strategy with human rights mechanisms through case studies
- ● Collectively discuss human rights trends in Africa;
- ● Meet and learn from defenders from all around Africa working on a range of human rights issues;